- Book chapter: Building Community Resilience to Seasonal Flooding: Field Experience from Assam Floods 2012, India, in Environmental justice and resilience in the urban Global South: An emerging agenda (under publication) Chapter 14, Palgrave Macmillan, 2014
- Krishnan S, Purwar D, and Borah B (2015) ‘Sanitation and disasters: A case study of community and institutional response to Cyclone Phailin, Odisha 2013″ 2015, Waterlines Journal, Practical Action
- Krishnan S (2011) FLOOD RISK MAPPING: Kalyan – Dombivli Region, Mumbai using Remote Sensing and GIS techniques, VDM Verlag Publications, ISBN: 978-3639353839
- Krishnan S, Twigg J and Johnson C, (2015). Building Community Resilience through Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Programmes during Post-Disaster Recovery. In Lizarralde, G., Duyne Barenstein, J., Cardosi, G., Oliver, A. (eds). Sustainable Post-Disaster Reconstruction: From Recovery to Risk Reduction. Conference proceedings. 2013 international i-Rec conference. Ascona, Switzerland. Montreal: Groupe de recherche IF, GRIF, Université de Montréal. Available at:http://www.grif.umontreal.ca/i-Rec2013/conferenceiREC2013.htm. Consulted: July 18, 2015
- “Institutional response to sanitation in during disaster recovery in Odisha” 37th WEDC International Conference, 2015, UK.
- “Menstrual health management in disasters: understanding the ‘silent’ need in recovery using case studies from Assam and Odisha.” 37th WEDC International Conference, 2015, UK.
- Krishnan S (2015), ‘Linking Preparedness to Recovery: Exploring the Past to Build Resilience to Future Disasters, 7th i-rec conference Reconstruction and Recovery in Urban Contexts, University College London, Available at:https://www.bartlett.ucl.ac.uk/dpu/i-rec/thematic-roundtables/roundtable-4/Krishnan
- Krishnan S and Borah B (2015) Recovering From Small-Scale Disasters in Assam: An Environment Justice Perspective, 7th i-rec conference Reconstruction and Recovery in Urban Contexts, University College London Available at: https://www.bartlett.ucl.ac.uk/dpu/i-rec/thematic-roundtables/roundtable-4/Krishnan_2
- Krishnan S, Understanding community resilience through water, sanitation and hygiene practices in disaster recovery’ EUGEO 2013 conference proceedings, Rome
- “WaSH and community resilience” (under publication) Aon Benfield Hazard Research Centre, UCL, London.
- “WaSH and Community Resilience: Field Experience from Assam Floods 2012” 36th WEDC International Conference, July 2013, Kenya.
- GEO-DM (2010), FLOOD RISK MAPPING: Kalyan – Dombivli Region, Mumbai using Remote Sensing and GIS techniques, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai